Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 1

Whew!  It's been a bit.  But today is the beginning of the 21 Day Momentum Challenge, hosted by Jonathan and Dustin.  Christiane from ThreeRavens invited her friends (of which I am one lucky gal) to join her in this and I signed up.
Since the captureyour365 challenge is on hold right now (mostly because I just haven't even hit play yet)  I figured I could use the blog to document my journey on this particular venture.
And today's challenge is this: Imagine you'll die in a year, what is one gift you'd like to leave behind to the world when you're gone?

I have to admit.  I laughed and cried a little bit when I opened the email.  Mostly because, today I watched a family very dear to me bury their 13 year old daughter, sister, aunt, & friend.  So this whole dying thing, is very real to me right now.  And it kind of surprised me that instead of taking a business standpoint from the beginning, this challenge is going to look at ME.  Because my first thoughts are not about my business.  That is not the most important gift, or even on the list of my top 10.

My answer is this:  I want to leave behind a legacy of service and love.  A life full of gospel living and righteousness.
That is the gift I want to leave behind.

Which has nothing to do with how many sales I make in a month, how many projects I manage to finish spinning/crocheting/knitting, or even how often I promote my business.  It has to do with ME.
I often forget to take care of that person you know?  The one who needs to eat, think, and breathe, in this life.  It's pretty easy to neglect her on this pursuit through this crazy maze of the human existence.  Thanks for the reminder.

This picture, represents as best it can, things that go with my answer.  And yes, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I was blessed to be born to a family who knows the fullness of the gospel, and I have the opportunity and privilege to live my life in a manner that is most pleasing to my Heavenly Father.  That includes taking the principles found in the scriptures and applying them in my life, as well as living up to the covenants I've made between Him, myself, and my husband (thus the ring.)  Eternal promises between God and I, that will bring me the greatest blessings if I do my best to keep them.  That's why I'm here on this earth, that is why I am me, and what I desire the most.  Now to live my life in a manner that magnifies this goal of mine. To live a life full, that when I'm gone, those who are still here will remember the good that I've done.

1 comment:

  1. I think you hit on just the right answer for you. And you are right - your business is built on you, and who you are - you cannot separate those things. Working on YOU first makes the strong foundation from which everything else may rise.

    <3

    ReplyDelete